Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gonorrhoea

Bacteria known as Neisseria gonorrhoeae or gonococcus cause gonorrhea. It usually affects the genital area but it can also infect the throat or anus. It is easily transmitted during vaginal intercourse but it can also be transmitted during anal or oral sex.
How do you get it?
You can get it by having unprotected (no condom) oral, vaginal or anal intercourse. As mentioned previously if you get vaginal gonorrhoea it can spread to the rectum.
Who Is at Risk?
Any male or female that has unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex with someone who has gonorrhoea is at risk of contracting the infection.

Symptoms of oral or anal gonorrhoea

Both men and women may experience a sore throat or discharge from the rectum (as well as itching) if gonorrhoea is present in these areas.
Alternatively, there may be no symptoms at all.

In Men

Symptoms usually occur within 2-10 days after infection, though symptoms sometimes take months to appear. Gonorrhoea can also cause infertility in men. Inflammation of the epididymis (the thin tube leading from the testes to the vas deferens where the sperm mature – see anatomy diagram) may develop causing it to become painful and swollen. This can lead to infertility if left untreated. (7)

Symptoms in men are due to a urethral infection. The main symptoms due to urethritis are:
  • A burning sensation on passing urine
  • A pus-like (white or yellow) discharge or leak

In Women

Because women are less likely to experience symptoms from gonorrhoea the infection can go undetected for longer. Sometimes gonorrhoea causes:
  • An unusual discharge from the vagina
  • Pain while urinating
  • Abdominal pain

Getting Tested

Gonorrhoea (gonorrhea) can be diagnosed by a swab collected from the urethra, cervix, anus or throat, or by urine sample. It is important not to pass urine for a minimum of three hours before having these tests collected.(1)

Treatment

Treatment of gonorrhoea involves antibiotics (penicillin) usually given in a high, single dose by injection. A drug called probenecid can also be given prior to the injection to prolong the action of penicillin – other drugs are available if you are allergic to penicillin. Oral medications are also available. (2)

Gonorrhoea – Prevention is Better than Cure

Condoms are one of the best forms of STI prevention for all sexual activity including oral sex, anal sex and vaginal sex.

2 comments:

  1. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Look For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having herpes is not the end of life there are many treatment to cure herpes infection with the help of Dr salisu herbal product. I was positive to the deadly virus called HERPES and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends. I searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for HERPES and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from HSV-2 so i decided to contact the Sameer herbalist Call Dr salisu because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days! I used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i am so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,you can email doctorsalisu143@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349028391813

    ReplyDelete